A few things regarding the scope of the project that I've been considering and/or adjusting along the way. These are as much for me to keep track of future iterations of this project as much as anything else.
1) I had the idea early on to create visual artworks that I'd bring to the studio that the performers would look into while improvising. I'd then use these same artworks when I did my laptop improvisations - to explore a kind of atmospheric perceptual consistency. I didn't explore this due to the time and expenses involved but I'd still like to in the future
2) Whether or not to include my own samples (i.e. those that I had created / performed myself) into the sample bank has been an ongoing question. At first I saw no problem with it, but after beginning my improvisations I discovered how far outside my comfort zone I was forced by not doing so. I recorded one improvisation with a sampled beat (a Native Instruments sample, so not really in the spirit of this project), and although the piece still resonated with me, it didn't feel as liberating as the others, where non-reliance on the grounding of a sampled beat necessitated much more structural ingenuity and spontaneity
3) I've been grounding this research in the concept of "group mind" improvisation, but in an asynchronous sense - where we are improvising together, but at different points in time. What this lacks is the feedback from me to the performers - it's only a one-way dialogue, me responding to them. Some ideas were proposed by my peers, such as playing my improvisations to a second round of studio performers and getting their musical responses to that, etc. This kind of feedback mechanism may also be developed in future iterations